Wednesday 2 February 2011

Mitton Hall Wedding Supper Club

Hello!

Wow what a fantastic weekend it's been, I'm only just getting over it! Not only was I lucky enough to be involved in the fantastic Charlotte Balbier designer weekend in my role as bridal stylist at The White Closet, but I was also involved as make-up artist at the Wedding Supper Club at the amazing wedding venue, Mitton Hall on Sunday evening. Well, what an evening it was, and it was great to be amongst such great company with the best suppliers in the business. The evening was hosted by Jason Thompson from Flower Design and Jonny Draper from Jonny Draper Photography.

Flower Design produced the most breathtaking floral displays as always. Check these out...




Wowee!

Mitton Hall provided the most amazing array of food



Howard Wing provided the evenings entertainment and sang his heart out, creating a fantastic atmosphere amongst the guests. They were even up on the chairs by the end of the evening!




Tom at Silk Wedding Videos filmed the full evenings events too - really looking forward to seeing it Tom!

The lovely Sheree from One and Only Bridal Couture brought two stunning gowns for our models to show off - the glamorous Eden by Jenny Packham and what can only be described as wow... the Flowerbomb by Ian Stuart. A big dress with serious attitude! I do appreciate a good wedding gown and these truly were up there with the best I have ever seen. Just stunning.

Now, on to the make-up! Our two gorgeous models for the evening were the lovely Olivia and Sarah, who were such fun to work with. I worked with Olivia on a shoot recently and was very excited to work with her again. I can't take the credit for their natural beauty of course but hopefully you'll like their make-up and agree that I simply made them a more polished version of their natural beautiful selves - my ultimate tip for any bride!

It was important for Sarah's look that I captured the 1920's glamour that her Jenny Packham dress oozes.  It's a beautiful, delicate, vintage dress so I needed to keep this in mind. I would always recommend that when a bride is deciding on her make-up look for the big day, they should consider their dress style and ensure that their make-up compliments it. I wanted to create a contemporary twist on a 20's look, so after giving her a smooth creamy foundation base,  I used a blend of soft peachy champagne and taupe eyeshadow tones which have a slight shimmer to really open up the eyes.  I lined her eyes with a gel liner to give them definition. Soft pink tones on the apple of her cheeks and golden bronze contouring under the cheekbones to give them definition. This was topped off with a slightly deepened pink lip colour with a glossy finish. A classic bridal look with a sexy twist.







The definite wow factor of Olivia's Ian Stuart gown meant that I had a lot to live up to! This dress has a vintage shabby chic feel to it but is very theatrical at the same time. For Olivia's look, the taupe colour of the dress led me to choose a shimmery champagne gold and deepened olive and taupe eyeshadow colours to create a smokey eye. Black gel eyeliner for definition and soft nude blusher with a hint of pink on the apples of her cheeks, contouring once again with a golden bronze. I then used a brighter coral lipstick with a touch of gloss to add a bit of drama.






Doesn't their hair look great too - we have Sheree to thank for stepping in to do this - just another of her many hidden talents!



Big thanks Olivia and Sarah - can't wait to work with you both again soon! Oh and I mustn't forget to mention the 2 gorgeous "grooms" Ben (from Rowley's Catering) and Daniel. They looked fab and looked after our lovely brides very well indeed.
 
Sheree and I after our work was done (and we'd got down from dancing on our chairs)!

Last but not least, wedding photographer (and my lovely husband) Jonny Draper took some amazing photos during the evening. Thanks Jonny for all the pics you took of the models that I've included here - they're ace!  He even did a little sing-song with Howard... not what he would usually do at a wedding but if you asked him nicely I'm sure he might ;o)

Well, I'm all excited again just re-living it - can't wait for the next one!
xo

2 comments:

  1. Loving the blog Em and the make-up you did for the two beautiful ladies looks super gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete